Saturday, December 4, 2010

I thought the Journal-Star had a sports section

I've subscribed to the Lincoln Journal-Star forever. Well, actually, I subscribed to the Lincoln Star until the two newspapers merged. The newspaper is basically the only game in town.

Something that I have NEVER understood is why the Journal-Star seems to think anything having to do with college football (correction - University of Nebraska football) belongs on the front page of the newspaper. There is a section in the newspaper dedicated to news about sports. That is called the Sports section. Why can't this college football news remain where it belongs and leave me my news section to read about local, national and world events?

1 comment:

  1. Because it's more difficult to report "real news." And perhaps because people in Lincoln aren't interested in the news. One of my well-educated co-workers said he is only interested on a small amount of of news he gets on his phone.
    Judy Shutts

    ReplyDelete